Monday, February 15, 2010

Dance/Film

This video is from a friend and co worker of mine, Peter Shapiro. Peter is an video artist based in NYC and he often works with dancers. In this video he is working with ThinkDance headed by Jill Segman. Peter also worked on a project with Jill Segman at the Empac Center in Troy, New York. I saw some of the footage and it looked like an incredible piece.

Our Lady Of Detritus from ps on Vimeo.

I have found that many experimental film makers work with dancers and I believe that the two mediums lend themselves to collaboration. Below is a video from a dance performance that I did with choreographer/dancer Christina Daly, Nico Li, and Dana Drag from SUNY Purchase. The music for the piece was composed by Zach De Sorbo and he manipulated the audio live which created a very beautiful yet haunting effect. The piece is entitled "Time is Broken". I was asked to create a background projection for the video and somehow ended up being in the piece as well, I am the man in the business suit who falls to the floor and stays there for the entire show.



The video of the performance is a little rough. Below is just the background projection that I created for the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment